Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Hotel of the Month: Covent Garden Hotel

I'll be the first to admit it: I love hotels.  A good hotel is fresh, clean, and well designed.  A home away from home (that is nicer and has many more amenities than my actual home!).  So I've decided to feature one fabulously designed British hotel per month.  I only wish I had the time and money to take weekends away and stay in these fabulous hotels.  Well a girl can dream . . .


March's hotel is, drumroll - please, Covent Garden Hotel in London.  Designed by Kit Kemp, a self-taught interior designer, this hotel is at the edge of London's West End in an area famous for it's theatre district.


Kemp founded London-based Firmdale Hotels with her husband, and her signature British style abounds at all of their properties.  At Covent Garden Hotel, she's created a pretty, cheery and modern space, a perfect refuge for a weary traveler.  She mixes patterns from the past in a new way to create a modern but comfortable space.  The bold, bright colors and shapes are completely unexpected in such a traditional British space.  The result is a fabulous hotel that exemplifies modern British design.  I certainly know which hotel is the top of my Brit list!  




















No comments:

Post a Comment