Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shop London!

On a whim, I picked up Canadian House & Home a couple months ago, and I'm quickly becoming a devout reader.  Ok, it's not technically a British publication, but Canada is considered part of the British Commonwealth, so that's good enough for me.  Anyways, the editor of Canadian House & Home, Suzanne Dimma, has an excellent eye and it shows on her fabulous blog.  She recently profiled her favorite London shops & one caught my attention: Ben Pentreath, Ltd.

On Rugby Street in the Bloomsbury neighborhood, an area of central London known for its fashionable square, famous historic literary residents & the British Museum, this little shop is a great find.  Founded by Ben Pentreath (obviously) the shop is a division of his architectural practice next door.  Housed in a gorgeous Victorian storefront, Ben Pentreath also has a to-die-for curiosities department.  Oh, so, British!










 Suzanne Dimma's post also included photos of Ben's personal apartment, where he's created the perfect British flat.  The layered mix of old & new creates a space that's classic but not boring -- exactly the look I aspire to create.  I love the combination of neutrals colors and textures and the use of scale (see the large maps above the sofa?).  Not only does his store feature covetable home goods, Ben's own flat is so distinctly British, I've decided to use it as inspiration for my own apartment!  Photos to follow.  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment