Monday, February 7, 2011

My First Post!

Hello! Welcome to My Other House is in London!

The Secret Garden, 1993

It all started with The Secret Garden.  The overcast sky, gorgeous old manor, exotic mystery and sprawling gardens (not to mention the venerable Maggie Smith) have all the makings of a classic British mystery.  As a little girl, I feel in love with this film and it has started a life-long love affair with all things British.

Fast forward to today . . .  I am an interior designer and constantly finding myself inspired by the spaces in Britain.  Their designs have such a fantastic mix of old and new -- with a sense of history that isn't often seen here in the US.

I'm so excited to share all my inspiration and ideas with you.  And who knows, maybe my blog will inspire you to add some Anglo style to your interiors, too!


Allerton Park, North Yorkshire, UK  


Luton Hoo Estate Conservatory, Luton, Bedfordshire, UK

St. Pancras Station, Grand Staircase, London, UK
The Secret Garden, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment