Friday, March 8, 2013

Coachman's Cottage, Cumbria

I'm taking a little liberty with March's "hotel" of the month.  This one is a technically a cottage, but I loved it so much, I just had to share!

The Coachman's Cottage in Silverbank, Coniston, Cumbria (how's that for a mouthful?) is the most perfect vacation rental!  I found it while browsing the travel section in The Guardian.  Have you checked out their website?  They have great travel information on not only the UK, but destinations around the world.  Many a Saturday afternoon has been spent planning future vacations! I recently stumbled upon a slideshow, Cool Holiday Cottages in the Lake DistrictAnd, I've been dying to go to the Lake District since seeing Renee Zellweger in Miss Potter, so I was intrigued. 

For those of you not familiar with the Lake District, it is a mountainous region in Northwest England.  The typography, mountains & lakes, make it the most damp region in England -- part of what I loved about Miss Potter (I <3 fog!). 

The Lake District, England

Coniston Water from Holme Fell

The Coachman's Cottage is an 18th-century, one-bedroom cottage decorated in all shades of white and wood.  I love the vintage and classic British elements - the linen club chair, radiators, wood-burning stove - mixed with the more modern - Ghost chair, upholstered headboard, vessel sinks.  The whole look is cohesive and just seems so peaceful!  It can be yours for just £570/week!

Bedroom

Bedroom

Living Room

Entry/Kitchen

Kitchen

Lake District View

Front Door

Bathroom
Has anyone traveled to England's Lake District?  Any traveling tips?

1 comment:

  1. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts.
    London Vacation Apartments
    vacation rentals in london england

    ReplyDelete